Business Development Trainee - Ref. 161204
Starting in January of 2017
Plus attractive compensation package including stock options after concluding trainee program.
6 to 12 months
*Can lead to a full time position
This opportunity is part of the Planet Expat Work Abroad Program, which aims to maximize your chances of joining one of the most innovative companies in Europe and Latin America. Here is more information about the hiring company:Planet Expat provides career-boosting opportunities in some of the most innovative & dynamic companies in Latin America, Europe, the US and Asia.
"We are a Mexican fintech startup working on an innovative way that allows users to save and invest small amounts of every purchase they make. Our users only need to download our app, link it with their debit card set different saving goals, such as trips or big purchases. Our app rounds up each bill or purchase made with the credit card to the next unit, ten or hundred and adds that quantity to the piggy bank. Once the amount has been reached, our users can spend it in any of our partners or withdraw it in the user’s bank account.
We have recently been selected to participate in one of the top startup acceleration programs in Mexico, where we have raised $ 100,000 USD in seed capital at an over $1 M USD valuation. We also have plans of raising another round in 2016 to increase our customer base."
As Business Development Trainee you will execute directly with CEO launch of services in the EU from the company office based in Paris.
- Prospect new business opportunities and set up meetings.
- Attend acceleration program at local Incubator.
- Provide management with feedback on product development.
- Manage relationship with third party services.
- Plan and execute all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media anddisplay advertising campaigns for the European Union.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns (ROI and KPIs).
- Identify trends, insights and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams.
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Excel Pivot table and Scenario Analysis.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies.
- BS/MS in Marketing or Business preferred.
- Entrepreneur and Risk taker personality.
- Strong network of business contacts in Paris.
- Full proficiency in English and French, Spanish is a plus.
- Previous experience with any of the following is a plus:
-Payment processors (Stripe, Mangopay, Lemonway, Paypal)
-Google and/or Facebook ads.
-Worked before in a startup.