Business development and Communications Intern - Ref. 170309
Starting in August of 2017
+ Accommodation + significant commissions on generated business opportunities + paid travel tickets and accommodation in case of national business trips
6 to 9 months
*It offers bonus
This opportunity is part of the Planet Expat Work Abroad Program, which aims to maximize your chances of joining one of the most innovative companies in Europe and Latin America. Here is more information about the hiring company:
We are a very dynamic start-up located in San Francisco (USA) and Cochabamba (Bolivia).
We developed a technology platform that helps companies to better manage their teams on the ground and to establish a real time communication with their clients or citizens. By combining web, mobile and even hardware technologies (IoT) we are helping organizations, from private companies to public agencies, to increase their efficiency in more than a 91% when they need to assess, control and coordinate their workforce and assets on the ground.
In a second level, we are building a network that helps us to collect critical information to solve city issues, this pool of data help us to support our long-term vision of building better and safer cities. The core of our technology is a powerful and flexible API that allows us to deliver different solutions for clients that range from medium-sized companies to big players like corporations and governments.
Our main solution now is a Slack for teams on the ground. We believe in better citizens, committed companies and better cities. We love technology and we breathe business. We know that we have a long way to walk and we are willing to learn and enjoy the process following our passion. We think we are different because we are talking about people who care about people, and that is reflected in a company, in the way of how we do things and in the picture of how we imagine the world.
We were part of many acceleration programs, Tumml - San Francisco, StartUp Chile and SEED - Brazil. We have been nominated as GEW 50, among the top 50 promising startups (Global Entrepreneurship Week) and the team was recognized the MIT as the best innovators under 35 in 2016.
This internship has a commercial, communication and sales orientation, so all tasks will be focused on generating new business opportunities, new sales, and generating new leads both nationally and internationally.
The intern will work directly with the general or regional director and should become their right arm, and will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the generation of leads (sales prospects) through the follow-up of processes established according to the commercial and sales methodology owned by the company.
- Implement new practices and improvements in the communication area of the company with the aim of increasing business opportunities, positioning the brand and attracting new customers.
- Learn and manage the business process so that it can fulfill functions in different areas of the value chain and where the intern can contribute with their academic knowledge.
- Use their communication skills and the learning they will obtain in the company to negotiate with clients and close deals.
- In some cases, the intern may be required to perform a commercial representation trip.
The intern will be guided and trained in communication and negotiation techniques with clients, and will become experts in the Predictable Revenue methodology, which aims to maximize business performance using people's communication skills.
- Student or recent graduate
- Excellent English
- Fluent Spanish
- Previous experience in sales and negotiation
- Strong communications skills
- Passionate about sales and technology
- Energized by client interactions
- Proactive and driven
- Resilient and a hard worker
- Open-minded and outgoing personality
- Strong personal and professional values