Business Development intern - Health consulting firm - Ref. 171008
Starting as soon as possible
6 to 12 months
*Can lead to a full time position
This opportunity is part of the Planet Expat Work Abroad Program, which aims to maximize your chances of joining one of the most innovative companies in Europe and Latin America. Here is more information about the hiring company:
Planet Expat provides career-boosting internship & job opportunities in some of the most innovative & dynamic companies in Latin America, Europe, the US and Asia. We are now hiring for the company below:
We are a consulting firm based in Madrid specialized in the health & wellness sectors, that provides solutions regarding strategy, communication, and regulatory affairs in the health industry. We are present in Europe, America and Asia.
We are a team of 40 people based in Madrid, having more than 450 clients around the world, 60 of them based in Spain. We look for people with a passion for the health industry to join our team in Madrid.
- Develop the company's portfolio of client and generate revenues for their Business in SPAIN and UK.
- Focus on Existing and New Business mostly for the Health Marketing and Communications + Strategy and Innovation Practices.
- Focus on the following health related industries: Pharma, CHC, Nutrition, Food and Personal Care.
- Execute multi-channel lead generation and engagement campaigns through digital, email marketing, Cold Calling, social media marketing,etc.
- Organize, prioritize, implement, follow-up and learn from existing BD programs and from automated marketing campaigns (using tools such as Marketo).
- Ensure that the sales intelligence processes at any time updated at team and CRM levels (Dynamics).
- Organize a flow of Corporate and Practice Presentation meetings with potential clients both by face to face presentation or conference calls.
- Present the company to potential clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls and emails.
- Create a pipeline both at New Business and Existing Clients levels.
- Participate with execution teams and practice leaders in the production of proposals, commercial offers.
- Close deals and support the Business Development and KAM teams in closing deals.
- Identify and maximize opportunities for cross-selling across the business- service portfolio.
- Report on a weekly/monthly/quaterly basis progress of every step of the Business Development process.
- Master's degree student or graduate
- Knowledge or interest in the specific industry: understanding of the European and Spanish Pharma and CHC Industries is a plus
Languagues and IT literacy
- Native or excellent English
- Fluent Spanish (French, Italian, Portuguese,German a plus)
- Used to work with CRMS and cloud based solutions such as : Dynamics 365, Office 365, Sharepoint, OneDrive, Marketo is a plus
- Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close deals’
- Strong client management skills
- A positive attitude to dealing with people, teams and clients
- Strong management, leadership and motivational skills
- Capable of hands-on problem-solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- A positive and determined approach to researching and analyzing new business opportunities - Extremely good at active listening
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail
- Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritize tasks
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation
- Excellent organizational and time management skills