Senior Back End Developer / Tech Lead - Ref. 180101
Starting in January of 2018
Compensation will be based on profile.
Salary: €28K - €45K + Stock Options, Flexible working hours & a possibility to work remotely some days of the week
This is a permanent position
This opportunity is part of the Planet Expat Work Abroad Program, which aims to maximize your chances of joining one of the most innovative companies in Europe and Latin America. Here is more information about the hiring company:
Planet Expat provides career-boosting opportunities in some of the most innovative & dynamic companies in Latin America, Europe, the US and Asia. We are now hiring for the company below:
"We are a tech-startup dedicated to providing meaningful data about the hospitality industry. We gather big data from major short term rental market platforms such as Airbnb and online travel agents to generate analytics for our customers: occupancy rates, price monitoring, etc.
Our clients include large companies from the hospitality, real estate and financial sectors.
We are an international team of 12 people, mainly based in Spain and California."
If you enjoy building products, working across the stack, and interested in joining a team solving both technical and business problems ranging from data science, all the way up to sales strategy, this is for you.
- Design and maintain the web crawling systems to integrate new platforms or improve the existing crawling mechanisms
- Implement and improve the company's data processing techniques, needed to give meaningful representations of the gathered information
- Optimize our existing resources to minimize computation times and system requirements
- Ensure the security of the platform in terms of system administration, crawling anonymity and undesired data leaks
- Collaboration in front end tools to represent the output information or to allow the use of human intelligence tasks for data labeling.
- Excellent English and/or Spanish
- Previous professional experience in fast-paced environments
- Backend: proven experience developing large scale backend services in node.js
- Database: solid understanding of mongodb or other document oriented databases
- General: you are comfortable using git or svn and the command line, and have worked in a collaborative environment with a team of developers